Accommodation Times News Service
(1)The FSI for a new scheme on vacant lands of Low Housing Scheme for Economically Weaker Section, Low Income Groups and Middle Income Groups of MHADA having at least 60 percent built-up area of the tenements under EWS, LIG and MIG categories, shall be 2.50.
(2) For redevelopment of any existing housing schemes of MHADA, undertaken by the MHADA departmentlly or jointy with societies / occupiers of buildings or housing societies / occupiers of building or by lessees of MHADA or by developer, the FSI shall be as under :— (a) Total permissible FSI shall be maximum 2.50 on gross plot area. (b) The incentive FSI admissible against the FSI required for rehab shall be as under :— (i) In congested area/Gaothan, for the area upto 4000 sq.mt., the incentive FSI admissible will be 50 percent. (ii) In congested area/Gaothan, for the area above 4000 sq.mt., the incentive FSI admissible will be 60 percent. (iii) In outside congested area/Gaothan, for the area upto 4000 sq.mt., the incentive FSI admissible will be 60 percent. (iv) In outside congested area/Gaothan, for the area above 4000 sq.mt., the incentive FSI admissible will be 75 percent. (c) Difference between 2.5 FSI and the FSI required for “rehab+Incentive” shall be shared between MHADA and Occupiers society/developer in the ratio of 2:1. (d) In the scheme, for the land allotted for societies of MIG and HIG and developed plot allotted individually to MIG and HIG group, the permissible FSI shall be as per prevailing Standardised Development Control and Promotion Regulations for Regional Plan areas in Maharashtra.
(3) In case of grant of NOC with additional permissible built-up area outside congested area/ Gaothan over and above the permissible FSI as per sanctioned DCR prevailing at the time of allotment by MHADA for the purpose of undertaking Redevelopment / Utilisation, MHADA shall charge premium at the rate decided by Government in Housing Department from time to time. (4) For the purpose of calculating the FSI, the entire area of the layout including regional plan roads and internal roads but excluding the land under the reservation of public amenties shall be considered. Sub-division of plots will be permissible on the basis of compulsory recreational open space as in these Regulations.
For, low cost Housing Schemes of MHADA for EWS, LIG categories, the Regulations in the Schedule below shall apply.
(5) For the purpose of this Regulation, the carpet areas for EWS, LIG and MIG tenements shall be as determined by the Government from time to time.
(6) For the offsite infrastructure, MHADA shall pay to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority 12.5 percent of the charges collected by MHADA for the grant of additional FSI (FSI over and above the normally permissible FSI) for the Redevelopment Schemes.
(7) In any Redevelopment Scheme where the Co-operative Housing Society/Developer appointed by the Co-operative Housing Society has obtained No Objection Certificate from the MHADA thereby sanctioning additional balance FSI with a consent of 70 percent of its members and where such NOC holder has made provision for alternative accommodation in the proposed building (including transit accommodation) then it shall be obligatory for all the occupiers/ members to participate in the Redevelopment Scheme and vacate the existing tenements, for the purpose of redevelopment. In case of failure to vacate the existing tenements the provisions of Section 95-A of MHADA Act mutatis mutandis shall apply for the purpose of getting the tenements vacated from the non co-operative members.
(8) A corpus fund, as may be decided by MHADA shall be created by the Developer which will remain with societies for its maintenance.