Satish Magar takes over as new national president of CREDAI

By Accommodation Times Bureau PUNE: Satish Magar, Managing Director of Magarpatta City on Sunday took over as the new national president of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Associations of India (CREDAI) from Jaxay Shah. Magar was earlier the president of CREDAI's Pune as well as Maharashtra chapters. Meanwhile, on Saturday, Rajiv Parikh was unanimously

 April 1: Impact of changes in GST applicable to Real Estate sector

By Adv. K. K. Ramani & Co. New GST rates effective from 1st April 2019 Vide the Notification no. 03/2019 – CT (rate) dated 29th March 2019 the earlier notification no. 11/2017 – CT (rate) dated  June 28, 2017, has been amended and for the construction services fallen under Service Heading

Homebuyers can now take control of delayed projects

By Accommodation Times Bureau MUMBAI: In a move to protect buyers and strengthen the law, Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (Maha RERA) recently released the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) that allows homebuyers to take control of delayed projects. According to the circular, the majority of allottees not less than 51 per cent including

Hiranandani launches uber-luxury sector Lake Enclave in Thane

By Accommodation Times Bureau THANE: Hiranandani Group unveils its new, uber-luxury sector Lake Enclave bestowed amidst a large expanse of mixed-used integrated township Hiranandani Estate on Ghodbunder road, Thane. The development offers three exclusive towers comprises of 3 & 4-bed. The towers comprise of the limited 211 units. Rightly located within Hiranandani Estate,

Srinagar: IT Dept detects Rs 19 Cr undeclared investment in immovable property

By Accommodation Times Bureau SRINAGAR: Income Tax Department on Friday carried out a search operation at 5 premises in and around Srinagar and detected undeclared investment in immovable property of more than Rs 19 crore. Two groups, which connived with local officials in the facilitation of absorption of undisclosed income of undesirable elements

PNB to sell share in PNB Housing Finance to General Atlantic, Varde Partners

By Accommodation Times Bureau MUMBAI: PNB will sell its partial share in PNB Housing finance to General Atlantic Group and Varde Partners for Rs 1,850 crore, said the company in the regulatory filing on Friday. The bank on Friday has entered into an agreement for the transaction, it said in filling. It will sell

Infosys to acquire 75% stake in ABN AMRO arm for Rs 990 Cr

By Rohit Sharma BENGALURU: Infosys on Thursday announced that it will acquire 75% of the shareholding in Stater N.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of ABN AMRO Bank N.V., for €127.5 million (Rs 990 crore) and ABN AMRO will continue to hold the remaining 25% of the shareholding. Infosys announced the partnership with ABN

Navy hands over  keys of new houses to Kochi’s flood-hit families

By Accommodation Times Bureau KOCHI: The Southern Naval Command of the Indian Navy on Thursday handed over the keys of newly constructed houses to three flood-affected families at Cheriya Kadamakudy. Defence in a release said, as part of the rehabilitation activities being undertaken by the Southern Naval Command after the devastating floods of August

ICICI Bank introduces instant home loan approval upto Rs 1 Cr

By Accommodation Times Bureau MUMBAI: ICICI Bank today announced instant & paperless home loan approval of upto Rs 1crore for the tenure of upto 30 years. It also started top-up loan service for existing customers to avail loan and instantly receive the money in the account. Instant Home Loan, enables lakhs of pre-approved salaried