The following provisions shall be applicable only for Low Cost Housing Schemes i.e. Economically Weaker Sections and Low Income Group Housing Schemes only undertaken by Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA)
1. Minimum Plot Size: — (a) In the case of a growing house for EWS and LIG category a plot of 25 sq.mt., a room of minimum size of 5.57 sq.mt. (60 sq.ft.) with toilet arrangement in the first phase shall be permitted. In the second phase, one room of 9.30 sq.mt. (100 sq.mt.) may be allowed to be added. However, commencement and occupation certificates shall be granted initially to the first phase only and subsequent certificates for second phase issued as required. (b) Multi-purpose room :—A multi-purpose room shall be allowed with size upto 12.5 sq.mt. with a minimum width of 2.4m. (c) Cooking space (alcove) :—Provision of separate kitchen shall not be necessary. However, cooking space shall be allowed with a minimum size of 2.4 sq.mt. with minimum width of 1.2m. 4 (d) Combined toilet :—A combined toilet shall be permitted for more than one tenement with a minimum area of 1.85 sq.mt. with minimum width of one meter. (e) Height :—The average height for a habitable room with sloping roof shall be minimum 2.5 m. with minimum height of 2 m. at the eaves. In the case of a flat roof, minimum clear height shall be 2.6 m. for a habitable room. Kitchen areas shall have minimum clear height / average height of 2.4 m. and bath and water closet (without loft) shall have a clear minimum height of 2.2m. (f ) Plinth :—The minimum plinth height shall be 30 cm. and in area subject to flooding the plinth shall be higher than the high flood level.
2. External walls :—115mm. thick external brick wall without plaster shall be permitted.
3. Staircases :—Single flight staircases without landing between the two floors shall be permitted.
4. Front open space :—The front open space from roads having width of 9.14m. and below shall be a minimum of 1.5 m. for buildings with height of upto 10 m.
5. Open space (side and rear) :—The distance between two ground floor structures shall be of a minimum of 4.5 m. for purpose of light and ventilation of habitable rooms. In case of toilets deriving light and ventilation from open space, the distance between the two ground floor structures shall be a minimum of 1.5m.
6. Pathways :— The widths of pathways shall be as follows :— (i) 1.5 m. width of pathways upto 20 m. in length.
(ii) 2.0 m. width of pathways upto 30 m. in length.
(iii) 2.5 m. width of pathways upto 40 m. in length.
(iv) 3.0 m. width of pathways upto 50 m. in length.
7. Flushing cistern:—In water closets, flushing cistern shall not be essential and toilets without this provision may be permitted.
8. Water closet pan size:—The water closet seat shall be of minimum of 0.46 m. (18 inches) in length.
9. Septic tank and leaching pits (soak pits):—A septic tank shall be provided with capacity of 141.6 litres (five cubic feet) per capita. Where the municipal services are likely to be available within four to five years or so, pour flush water seal latrines (NEERI type) shall be permitted where the municipal sewerage system is not available and the water table in the area is not high.
10. Convenience shopping:—Convenience Shopping as defined these Regulations shall be permitted along layout roads with width of 12.2 m. to 18.49 m. provided that a minimum setback of 1.5 m. and a minimum plot area of 25.2 sq.mt. is available and is provided.
11. Recreation Ground:—In the layouts, provision for recreation ground shall be on the lines prescribed in these Regulations.
12. Ancillary structures:—Ancillary structures such as underground tank, overhead tank, substations, etc. shall be permissible in the compulsory recreation open space subject to the condition that not more than 10 percent of such space shall be utilized for such purposes.