Diploma in Real Estate Management (DREM)
Duration : Six Months
Mode : Total Correspondence
Certification : Diploma
Eligibility : XII or equivalent in any discipline
Programme Design :
The Diploma course in Real Estate Management is structured as a six month correspondence course. In the beginning of each month, study material will be sent to students. The course is based on distance learning format. In addition to study material the students will also receive Accommodation Times and other reference materials.
STUDY MATERIAL – 1
* The systems and background of Real Estate Management
* Parameters and areas of interaction for professional
management. Functions and responsibilities of real estate
professionals collection of data and statical information.
* Nature and systems for Real Estate Management. The theory
of management information.
* Basics and principals of management.
* Main elements of real estate management and its nature and
* Real estate development and Property market in India.STUDY MATERIAL – 2
* Present status of Real Estate and Housing in India and
* Total Quality Management
* Human resource planning and development
* Land and its management
* Property services. Case study : Collier International
* Computer in real estate
* Property Management
* Integrated Facility Management
* National Housing and Habitat Policy 1998
STUDY MATERIAL – 3
* Construction Management and Project Planning
* Interaction with Architects and architectural terms
* Construction methods
* Estimating and costing. Building approvals and guidelines
to start new site.
* Repairs and maintenance during and after construction
* Factors involved in cost control and profitable procurement
of materials in building industry
* Economy in construction.
* Vastu Princples.STUDY MATERIAL – 4
* Legal aspects in real estate
* Sale and lease of properties. Indian registration Act. Land
records. Payment of stamp duty.
* Transfer of development rights (TDR).
* Slum Rehabilitation Schemes
* Mortgage of immovable property
* Sale of immovable property
* Scrutiny of title deed
* Agreement to sell and sale deed
* Power of Attorney
* Steps to be taken after purchase of property
* Valuation of properties offered as collateral securities to
* Purchase of property by Non Resident Indians (NRI’s)
STUDY MATERIAL – 5
* Housing Finance
* Documentation required by Financial institutions for real
* Project finance and identifying other sources for project
* Solar system
* Water harvestingSTUDY MATERIAL – 6
* Promotion and advertising of Real Estate Projects
* What can advertising really achieve for Real estate business
* Real Estate Sales and Marketing
* Real Estate Marketing mix.
* Estate Agents and consultants
* Schedule of rates of commission
* International trend : Online Real Estate Marketing
* Personality development
* Concentration techniques
Call for Admission :
Kunal : 022-65703470, 32212393, 32212394, 26173827, 26148747