By Accommodation Times Research
Funds are flooded in Real Estate where almost all developed countries looking to explore Indian growth trajectory. Real Estate, after Union Budget 2017 has been in spot light world over. Few deals happening and many have closed the deals. We got news of exit with handsome returns by Venture Funds and PE Funds, but many in que to tap the opportunities. read on :
- Fosun International Limited, a Chinese international conglomerate and investment company, plans to enter the Indian real estate market by investing US$ 1 billion through real estate private equity platform.
- Indiabulls Housing Finance has raised over Rs 1,300 crore (US$ 193.85 million) by selling masala bonds to foreign investors, which would be used partly for its affordable housing segment.
- Altico Capital, the non-banking finance company (NBFC) backed by Clearwater Capital, has invested Rs 200 crore (US$ 29.82 million) in Bengaluru-based real estate developer Legacy Group, which will be used to fund the ongoing construction as well as to refinance the developer’s existing loans.
- Ivanhoe Cambridge, the real estate arm of Canada’s second largest pension fund manager Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), plans to enter into a Joint Venture (JV) agreement with Piramal Fund Management to set up a US$ 250 million venture, which will provide equity capital to developers of residential projects in the country.
- Apollo Asia RE Singapore Private Limited and realty firm Salarpuria Sattva Group have entered into a JV to acquire 100 per cent stake in two real estate projects at Bangalore and Vadodara from a consortium of offshore investors in a deal worth Rs 275 crores (US$ 41 million).
- Mr NandanNilekani, co-founder of Infosys Limited, has invested around US$ 25 million in a real estate NBFC unit of KKR India, one of the local arms of the US-based private equity firm KKR & Co LP.
- Piramal Fund Management, one of India’s largest real estate investors, has invested Rs 425 crore (US$ 63.4million)?in realty firm Lodha Group’s residential project in central Mumbai through the structured debt route.
- NestAway Technologies Pvt Ltd, a home rental company, has raised US$ 30 million in Series C round of funding from US-based Tiger Global, Russian billionaire Yuri Milner, and IDG Ventures India, which will be used to scale up operations and build technology.
- Real estate private equity fund of the Kotak group, Kotak Realty Fund, has raised US$ 250 million from institutional investors for equity investments in realty projects across India’s top six property markets including Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Chennai over the next 24 to 36 months.
- Indospace, a developer of industrial realty and logistics parks, plans to invest US$ 1 billion in India over the next five years, increasing its development pipeline in the country from 20 million square feet to 50 million square feet.
- Peninsula Brookfield Investment Managers Private Limited, a joint venture of real estate firm Peninsula Land Ltd and global alternative asset management firm Brookfield Asset Management, hasinvested Rs 100 crore (US$ 14.91 million) in mid-income housing projects of Bengaluru-based property developer Mahaveer Group.
- Quikr, an online classifieds platform, has acquired real estate portal Commonfloor.com for US$ 200 million in a stock-cum-cash deal.
- Goldman Sachs bought shares worth Rs 255 crore (US$ 38.02 million) in Vatika Hotels Private Limited, a company owned by real estate and hospitality firm Vatika Group.
- SoftBank, Falcon Edge Capital and a few others invested US$ 90 million in Locon Solutions Private Limited, which runs Housing.com – a realty website.
- PE firm Warburg Pincus invested Rs 1,800 crore (US$ 268.4 million) in Piramal Realty for a minority stake in the company.
Source : Press Releases and SEBI approvals.