Govt. relax consent norms to push the cluster projects

By Accommodation Times News Service

To push up the cluster redevelopment policy the state government is considering doing away with the mandatory 100% consent of property owners/landlords before the project takes off. Cluster redevelopment refers to a 2008 policy of the state government aimed at a holistic and integrated development of a locality especially the congested localities in island city. The developers who undertake these clusters are granted incentive FSI up to 4. The cluster redevelopment schemes that has passed in 2008 aims at the urban renewal of the city specially the congested localities. The state is looking at bringing down the consent of landlords to 70%with provisions that remaining 30% property can be acquired. One of the officials says that the main problem in this scheme is getting all stakeholders on board. By bringing down the consent of landlords from 100% to 70% we hope to make the project more viable. The decision will be taken by the chief minister soon. There are many reservations observed in the cluster projects such as those for public housing in the development plan will be done away with if they are a part of a cluster. Also developer has to create smalls tenements meant for public housing. The developer is entrusted to rehabilitate existing tenants build infrastructure such as roads, drainage space and in exchange get built up area for commercial sale.

CM, Prithviraj Chavan has set up a committee under urban development secretary to review the entire development control rule 33 that mandates all kinds of redevelopment in the city from that of old building to slums. He has asked the committee to look into the matter and asked to make this project more viable. The official said that continuation of getting 70% consent will on.





Similar Articles

Leave a Reply

Top