By Accommodation Times Bureau
‘Our goal is to create sustainable habitats that will stand the test of time.’ Inspired by this adage, India’s leading real estate developers K Raheja Corp, pioneers in creating green and sustainable workspaces, celebrates one of its core business offering ‘green’, this World Green Building Week.
‘World Green Building Week’ is observed globally and is a platform to deliberate green building practices, and sustainable initiatives that are good for people and business. This annual event motivates and empowers organisations vying to become environmentally and green building friendly. With a mission and commitment to providing a sustainable environment to all its stakeholders, all of K Raheja Corp’s properties in the residential, commercial, retail and hospitality segments are following the green building standards, particularly the LEED rating program, created by USGBC.
Shabbir Kanchwala, Vice President, K Raheja Corp said, “From organizations opting for their first green workplace, to those wanting to take their green practices to the next level, K Raheja Corp has been a valued partner to the ever-evolving green needs of discerning corporates, pacing them at every step. Bringing in the expertise, we couldn’t have had a more be-fitting partner than USGBC to reach this message out through the knowledge series.”
Sharing his view on sustainability, Gopalakrishnan Padmanabhan, Managing Director – APAC & Middle East, Green Business Certificate Institute (GBCI), said “Sustainability is a way of life and today there is an increasing demand from corporates for sustainable and healthy workspaces. We are happy to partner with K Raheja Corp, who provide such workspaces across their real estate portfolio. With this exercise, we hope to raise awareness on simple measures that will help create a better working and living environment.”
Some key highlights:
- K Raheja Corp’s green building footprint stands at 4.57 crore square feet as of Sept 2018
- All commercial buildings we have constructed since 2007 when we signed the MOU with the CII-Indian Green Building Council have been LEED certified
- Our green workspaces lead to substantial savings in operating costs for clients as much as 30-40%
- 31 LEED-certified commercial buildings across the country, and 69 commercial projects registered with the LEED rating system by the US Green Building Council.
- Below is the break-up of the number of commercial buildings and the built-up area overall Pan India.
|Commercial LEED (by USGBC)||Nos||Built up Area (sq ft)|
|Completed / Certified as on date||31||1,24,03,147 cr sq ft.|
|Pre Certified||7||43,53,172 L sq ft|
|Ongoing||37||2,23,48,239 cr sq ft.|
|Total||75||3,91,04,558 cr sq ft.|