By Accommodation Times News Service
In interaction with Accommodation Times Mr. Pravin Darade, Additional Municipal Metropolitan Commissioner said that first the organization wants to first identify the various utilities and then wants to begin the work.
He said, the MMRDA will begin the barricading work. The MCGM has already shared underground utility plans with MMRDA. The MMRDA will first identify the various utilities and thereafter begin the excavation work.
- The barricading work will be carried out making sure there is no inconvenience to the motorists. The three areas (as indicated in the presentation attached herewith) are relatively cause less congestion. The MMRDA along with the traffic department will vary working hours depending upon the situation on the spot. Generally, we would like to work in two shifts as we want to rid the Mumbaikars of their traffic woes. Of course, launching of girders will strictly be carried out in the night. We will also provide additional lanes to the traffic in the peak hours.
- The MMRDA and Traffic department will make use of service roads and slip roads for the barricading and excavation work which will minimize inconvenience to the traffic. No parking on such roads will be allowed. Also let’s be sure, no work will be carried out outside the barricading.
- Actual diversion of the traffic will be effected at a later stage.
- The MMRDA and Traffic Police department will deploy trained traffic wardens to regulate the traffic. Both the departments have also discussed the plans with BEST and they have agreed to provide more air conditioned buses during the construction of the Metro-7 corridor.
- The toll lanes at the Dahisar Naka will be staggered by 500 or required number of meters to ease traffic congestion. Such lanes can also be staggered.
- All the 247 residential and commercial structures will be rehabilitated under the MUTP Policy.
- We will strive to complete the project in 30 months.