By Accommodation Times News Services
The NBCC (India) Limited, under the Ministry of Urban Development, signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) today, for redevelopment of residential quarters at West Ansari Nagar campus and Ayur Vigyan Nagar campus at a total cost of Rs. 4,698 crores.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Minister of Urban Development Shri Venkaiah Naidu and Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Shri J P Nadda.
During the occasion, Union Minister for Urban Development, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu said that the MoU between the NBCC and AIIMS will change the face of expansion of the institute, as well as the residential accommodation provided to the professor and other staff members of the institute. He said that health and education are two areas, which needs to be focused and thus, both the central and state Governments are increasing the budget allocation in these sectors. He said that India has inherent strength of knowledge and intelligence but at the same time, we need to upgrade it further and make it affordable to the people.
The Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri J P Nadda said that it is largest investment in tertiary health care which happened for first time in India. He thanked the Ministry of Urban Development for its proactive approach, thus enabling to translate dreams into reality.
Salient features of MoU between AIIMS & NBCC
- Tripling of the existing housing units from 1,444 to 3,928 units
- Self-revenue generating model.
- Sustainability and Smart City features like rain water harvesting, waste water recycling, use of solar energy, and smart electricity metering, intelligent building management system, etc
- Project to be completed in five years in phased manner.
- NBCC will be responsible for further maintenance of assets for a period of 30 years.