State govt still haven’t formulated new housing policy

By Accommodation Times News Services

New policy on sub-leasing of BMC plots got clearanceState government of Maharashtra on 9th October, Wednesday notified the Bombay high court they are yet to formulate a new policy on housing, since a division bench struck down its policy on allotment of flats under the chief minister’s discretionary quota in March. Still 918 flats are pending to be allotted and are lying vacant.

Out of these flats 418 flats are under the CM’s 2% housing quota and another 500 flats under the CM’s 5% quota, the government informed a bench headed by Justice Abhay Oka, which started dictating its judgement on a PIL filed by activist Ketan Tirodkar. As per the PIL there were irregularities in the housing quota and demanded a probe by a top authority into the issue of allotment of flats under the CM’s quota.

The high court is to appoint a retired high court judge for te proposed one-man committee to probe the alleged irregularities in the CM’s housing quota. The registrar general had on 8th October, Tuesday submitted names of three retired judges who could be appointed on the committee. The court said it would have to obtain their consent before announcing the name of the judge to conduct a probe.

The nodal committee will probe the case and examine all the applicants of the flats from the CM’s discretionary quota since 1989 and investigate for the cases where a single person has got more than one flat. The court said the committee would also go through the affidavits filed with the applications to find out if the persons who got more than one flat had submitted false information.

Court has also asked the state government to submit all the available information and documents about the flats taken back from those who had been allotted more than one flat and also information about the FIRs registered against such allottees.





Similar Articles

Leave a Reply

Top