State to recover long-pending dues of developers

By Accommodation Times Bureau

The Haryana Town and Country Planning Department (HTCPD) has decided to recover the long-pending dues of developers and colonizers in the State on account of various town level infrastructures and started referring all such cases to the Revenue Authorities for recovery of arrears of land revenue.

While stating this here today, Director, Town and Country Planning Department, K.M Pandurang said that 15 cases have so far been referred for recovery of outstanding dues as arrears of land revenue. Apart from this, 19 licenses have been cancelled, wherein, notices under arrears of revenue would be issued after following due procedure.

Pandurang said that the decision to refer such cases to the Revenue Authorities has been taken as despite providing relief from time to time, few developers and colonizers have failed to pay the External Development Charges (EDC) and Infrastructure Development Charges (IDC).

He said that the Town and Country Planning Department grants a license for setting up of the residential plotted colony, group housing colony, commercial colony, Information Technology (IT) and Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) colonies under the Haryana Development and Regulation of Urban Areas Act, 1975 and Rules 1976. In order to provide town level infrastructure, the Developers are required to pay EDC and IDC. However, few developers have failed to pay above charges and requested for deferment of the payments. The requests were considered and EDC relief policies were formulated from time to time and relief has been provided.

He said that however, still few colonizers or developers defaulted in the payments. Taking note of that, the proceedings for cancellation of a license under Rule 18 of the Rules 1976 were initiated from May 2017. The notices were issued an opportunity of personal hearing was also granted as per Rules. However, the recovery of the outstanding dues was not encouraging. Now, the Department has started referring all such cases for recovery of arrears of land revenue to the Revenue Authorities, he added.



Similar Articles

Leave a Reply